This mine opened in 1921 by a company named Soda Lake Chemicals. Other operators included the Sodium Corporation Ltd., and Natural Sodium Products Saskatchewan. All these companies acquired leases but did not resume production in 1954 so the site sat vacant. It reopened in 1965 under the name Sodium Sulphate (Saskatchewan) and Fracana Minerals became the owner in 1970. Francana experienced financial issues and shut down the operation. It sat vacant until the present owner Alsask based Potassium Sulphate (Alsask) Inc, took over in 1997 to produce fertilizer by combing the ore with potash.