Insinger was first incorporated in 1913. The towns peak population was about 100 citizens, once had four thriving general stores, a blacksmith shop, two garages, a hotel and a cafe. In 1979 the population was down to 25 and kept sliding. In 1999 the two elevators were demolished. The only businesses remaining were the RM and post office. Since the population is less than a hamlet Insinger is just considered part of the RM. Even with the decline the community still celebrated anniversaries and reunions up to 2000. Today, it has a few residents left and is slowly becoming a true ghost town. There are abandoned houses, businesses (some recently demolished), a school and church.